|Christmas Prayer Chain|
I am unaware of any, at least in America, who have never seen or even made a Christmas chain before. But in case that is you, here is how:
1) Gather some colored construction paper. For Christmas, Red and Green are popular colors. For Thanksgiving, Yellow, Orange, and Brown seem to be popular.
2) Cut the construction paper in to 3/4 to 1 " strips of equal length.
3) On each strip write down a prayer request. This could be a person, family, place, thing, or situation. Alternatively you could write what you are thankful for.
4) Taking some glue, place a spot on the end of the strip of paper and fold the paper into a loop and glue each end together. Now you have made your first link.
5) Follow steps 1-3 above, only this time before you glue the ends together, feed the strip through the previous loop and then glue the ends of the new strip together. You will now have two links in your chain.
6) Continue the process counting each loop as one day. For advent create 25 loops and start tearing them open or adding them on December 1st and do this till Christmas day.
Stay tuned for other Christmas ideas that may help make your holidays more enjoyable as a family!
You have ravished my heart, My sister, my spouse; You have ravished my heart With one look of your eyes, With one link of your necklace. Song of Songs 4:9